NICARAGUA + UP 2018
Souljourn Yoga Founder Jordan Ashley, and Alison Riazi teamed up with Alma Retreats in Nicaragua for a nourishing yoga retreat all in the spirit of supporting UP Nicaragua, a non-profit social enterprise focused on the empowerment of young girls in Granada, Nicaragua.
VIEW THE BELOW GALLERY TO CHECK OUT HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR TRIP
We raised enough funds to cover 6 months of scholarships for 8 girls, covering fees for:
- English courses at The English House Academy (currently the best english school in Granada).
- Fees at the schools they attend (most attend semi-public schools as a bit better than public schools).
- School supplies throughout the 6 months
- School uniforms
- Small stipend they use for snacks at school
- 10% of the scholarship amount is saved to pay the starting fees at the beginning of each school year.