Love, Live, and Let Yoga!
With Lisa Bermudez and Joanne Silver
May 26 - June 4, 2017
Have your heart cracked wide open on this 10-day yoga adventure as we explore the ancient lands of Peru from Cusco to Machu Picchu. Give back to yourself while giving to others on this amazing journey where we will be supporting the girls of the Sacred Valley Project, which is dedicated to providing education and accommodations to girls from low-income families in the Andes Mountains.
Please join Lisa Bermudez and Joanne Silver where we will be meeting the girls of the Sacred Valley as well as exploring Machu Picchu and see how firsthand your support can make a real difference. Have a full cultural immersion and adventure from hiking, biking, sweat lodging, yoga and even zip lining for a magical retreat of a lifetime!
YOGA RETREAT ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco Overnight; Arrival Day (Friday, 5/26)
- Arrival in Cusco.
- As you arrive to Cusco, you will be met at the airport and taken to our hotel El Balcon. You will have the late morning and early afternoon to settle in after your long journey. In the afternoon we will gather as a group, explore the town and use space from a local yoga studio to teach a class and opening ceremony followed by a delicious dinner.
- Overnight Hotel in Cusco- El Balcon
Day 2: Cusco to Pisac to Arin; Travel Day (Saturday, 5/27)
- After breakfast we will descend into the Sacred Valley to the quaint artisanal town of Pisac.
- Pisac is known for its traditional markets with natural weavings and silver workings. The group will have a chance to explore the local market before heading down the valley to Calca, the location of Sacred Valley Project’s newest dormitory. We will have lunch with the students and learn a bit about life at the dorm.
- After lunch we will continue down to Arin, one of the Sacred Valley’s premier yoga retreats and hotel, for an evening yoga class and dinner.
- Overnight Yoga Mandala/ Sacha Munay
Day 3: Arin; Retreat Day (Sunday, 5/28)
- We will wake up with an energizing yoga class.
- After breakfast, those who are interested can take a 25-minute hike to a beautiful waterfall where we can soak in the energy and have a group meditation.
- We will have the rest of the afternoon to enjoy the grounds, read in the beautiful garden, or get a massage. (Spa treatments not included*).
- 2ND (OPTIONAL) Yoga class before a delicious dinner.
- Overnight Yoga Mandala/ Sacha Munay
Day 4: Arin to Ollantaytambo; Travel Day (Monday, 5/29)
- Morning yoga class and breakfast before hitting the road to Ollantaytambo, "living city of the Incas".
- Here we will meet with the girls of the Sacred Valley Project. We will get to know the students of the dormitory, learn about their lives and help them with their homework and housework.
- On our way to the hotel we will visit Alex Ball’s Distillery!
- Group dinner.
- Overnight Ollantaytambo at Tunupa Lodge
Day 5: Ollantaytambo; Day Excursion (Tuesday, 5/30)
- Today we get an early start and travel up into the mountains to visit the communities where our students live. As we work up a sweat on a hike through the Andes, we will learn about traditional Quechua lifestyle and understand more about the issues that the students from these remote rural communities face every day.
- Evening yoga and Temascal followed by group dinner.
- Overnight Hotel in Ollantaytambo at Tunupa Lodge
Day 6: Incan Jungle; Travel Day (Wednesday, 5/31)
- We will leave our main suitcases here and pack our backpacks for 2 days of adventure! *
- Today we will have an early breakfast and get on the road.
- We will travel past the ruins to the base of the Veronica Glacier at over 13,000ft. We will bike ride and descend by road about 8,000ft to the small town of Santa Maria located in the high cloud.
- From Santa Maria we will ride through the cloud forest to the Colcamayu natural hot springs where we will camp and spend the night.
- Evening yoga and meditation followed by group dinner.
- Overnight - Glamping
Day 7: Inca Jungle Day 2 to Aguas Calientes; Travel Day (Thursday, 6/1)
- Early morning yoga class at our campsite and breakfast before we complete our journey on foot to Aguas Calientes at the base of Machu Picchu.
- For those that are interested, there will be optional ziplining in the morning before we head off on the Inca Jungle trail. After lunch on the trail, we will either take the train or hike along the tracks for about 2.5 hours to our hotel at Machu Picchu.
- We will have an early dinner and get some rest so we will all refreshed for an early morning ascent to this ancient citadel.
- Hotel- Flowers Machu Picchu
Day 8: Machu Picchu; Travel Day (Friday, 6/2)
- Yoga (uncertain) We will spend the morning exploring the ancient marvel of Machu Picchu. After the group has explored this amazing part of the world we will head to town for a late lunch, travel back to Tunupa Lodge to pick up our bags and board our train back to Cusco.
- Group Dinner
- Overnight Hotel in Cusco: El Balcon
Day 9: Cusco (Saturday, 6/3)
- Yoga class before breakfast.
- On our last full day we will explore the city, visit the main historical sites, central markets and colonial barrios. After dinner we will head up to Cusco’s only planetarium on the mountainside and learn about ancient astronomy.
- Overnight Hotel in Cusco
Day 10: Departing; Travel Day (Sunday, 6/4)
- A morning yoga class and closing ceremony to bring our adventure to a close.
- Provided transportation to the airport
- Double occupancy: $2,600
- Single occupancy: $2,850
Includes: All meals, activities*, transportation, guides, and a $500 tax-deductible donation to the Sacred Valley Project
Does Not Include: Airfare and spa treatments at Sacha Munay